- Experience in managing large networks running Cisco, Juniper and Brocade as well as servers running Windows and Linux.
- Development and support of network monitoring solutions using event driven languages to drive real time solutions for Network Operation Centers.
- Currently hold a Top Secret/Secret Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance with a Counter Intelligence (CI) Polygraph.
- Strong personal interest in the field provides the opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of a rapidly changing industry.
Apex Systems inc Network Engineer
January 2016 - Current
- Design, administer, configure, and monitor network equipment including: routers,access points, firewalls, load balancers, and VPN appliances.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring network daily,creating controls, and evaluating results.
- Create documentation for network changes, configurations, and diagrams.
- Plan and implement upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches while performing bandwidth analysis and capacity planning to ensure performance and scalability of network.
- Perform network monitoring to verify integrity and availability of all hardware and assist in planning and implementation of the overall network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot network or ISP outages to include investigation of the issue, escalating problems to carriers or vendors, performance tuning, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Take ownership of issues and root cause analysis to completely resolve issues in a timely fashion.
Alku Government Solutions Network Analyst
August 2015 - January 2016
- Observe and control the status, configuration and performance of all components of network facilities, including equipment from Cisco, Brocade and Juniper
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Analyze network topologies, traffic and capacity requirements to ensure optimum configurations during maintenance and times of degradation, reducing or eliminating customer impact
- Knowledge of the terrestrial network infrastructure including hardware (routers, switches, etc.), technologies, (fiber, copper, etc.), protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, etc.) and WAN’s (standard connectivity and data rate, etc.)
United States Navy ITS, Information Systems Technician (Submarines)
March 2012 - August 2015
- Designing, installing, operating and maintaining state-of- the-art information systems technology including local and wide area networks, mainframe, mini and microcomputer systems and associated peripheral devices
- Writing programs to handle the collection, manipulation and distribution of data for a wide variety of applications and requirements
- Operating and coordinating telecommunications systems including automated networks and the full spectrum of data links and circuits
- Transmitting, receiving, operating, monitoring, controlling and processing all forms of telecommunications through various transmission media including global networks
- Applying diagnostic, corrective and recovery techniques to all facets of the integrated information systems
- Maintaining all necessary logs, files and publications at the communications center
- Providing telecommunications and computer-related training and assistance to a wide variety of personnel.
Comcast Software Engineer
January 2010 - January 2012
- Development of software for intranet-based business tools for the Network Operations Centers(NOC), field offices, and technical operations within the North East Division with scalability to support integration with cross-divisional and national teams
- Provided user and management support for wide range of divisional monitoring and reporting tools
- Development and maintenance of procedures used to operate several division wide tools, ensuring uniform work flow through multiple locations
- Research, development, and testing of division wide metrics used to evaluate performance of users and their interactions with tools.
- Lead developer, project manager, training support and front-line support for the Hybrid Fiber-Coax task monitoring tool (HFC Dashboard) written in Node.js, utilizing MySQL and websockets for real time communication division wide
- Evaluation and planning of system expansion and requirements needed to ensure uninterrupted performance and proper integration with existing equipment
- Install, support and maintain development and production servers running on Red Hat Linux Enterprise, as well as the associated database software and programs used throughout the Northeast division.
Comcast Customer Account Executive, Technical Support
January 2009 - January 2010
- Provide support via phone, email and/or instant messaging to identify and troubleshoot a full range of hardware/software issues involving PC's, browsers, email, personal web pages, connectivity/firewalls, routers/hubs and more
- Talk through and educate customers throughout the resolution process of complications with their high speed internet, cable television, or home phone service
- Strong, patient communicator able to deal with customers in a productive and diplomatic fashion. Proficiency in Windows and Mac products and a strong background in internet/IP, web browsers, e-mail and other PC operating and connectivity technologies required to best support customers
- Leadership and skills training of new employees during the training process, as well as management of small teams of new trainees as they transitioned from classroom training into the work environment.
Computer Doctor Software Engineering Internship
January 2002 - Dec 2005
- Mentored with Owner/Software Engineer from 2002-2003 and participated in business activities from 2004-2005
- Development with various languages primarily focused on C++ at a junior level, as well as Visual Basic and Java.
- Assisted with development of local radio station internal training software
- Computer software and hardware problem solving for business operations
Certifications and Education
United States Navy
Submarine Local Area Network (SUBLAN) Technician
Information Systems Technician (IAT I & IAT II)
Communications and Intelligence Specialists Training
A+ and Security+ Certification
Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
Computer Science, University of Maryland University College
Degree currently in progress with 30/120 credits completed.